How You Can Help
We couldn’t help so many patients in need of a bone marrow transplant without the continuing support of community organizations, corporations and individuals like you. There are different ways you can help us make a huge difference in the lives of thousands of families in the United States.
See all the options below and join us in any way you can.
ICLA Gift Store
Purchasing the gifts below is a great way to make a donation to support The Icla da Silva Foundation, The Largest Bone Marrow Donor Center for The Be The Match Registry.
Secure payment via Paypal. Orders will be shipped within 48 hours. Thank you !
Tax Deductible Contribution
You don't need to become a member or a volunteer marrow donor to make individual contributions. We accept major credit cards, check and money orders via our website, by phone or mail. Choose what is more convenient for you.
This is a fast and secure way to donate. You will receive a tax-deductible receipt as soon as your donation is processed. To donate now, click here.
Donate In Memory/In Honor
Make a donation In Memory or In Honor of someone by clicking here.
Donate By Mail
If you opt to make a donation by mail please don't send cash. For your security make checks or money orders payable to The Icla da Silva Foundation. You will receive a tax-deductible receipt as soon as your donation is processed.
The Icla da Silva Foundation
11-49 47th Avenue, 2nd Floor
Long Island City, NY 11101
Click here for a donation form.
Donate By Phone
The Icla da Silva Foundation is able to accept credit card donations by phone Monday to Friday from 9 am to 5 pm, eastern time. Have your credit card available and call Toll Free: 1-888-638-2870. You can also send your donation form via Fax: (718) 391-0990 to our office and someone will get in touch with you. You will receive a tax-deductible receipt along with your membership kit, as soon as your donation is processed.
Other Ways to Donate
Corporate giving is vital for The Icla da Silva Foundation. Every year thank dearly all of our supporters who have been helping to save the life of many innocent individuals. Here are some ways you can help us to save lives.
Provide financial support - Many creative ways exist for your corporation or organization to provide financial support.
Sponsor Newsletter - The Icla da Silva Foundation sends 4 newsletters to 3,000 members, every year.
Sponsor Website - The Icla da Silva Foundation has a well established website which receives approximately 10,000 unique visitors every month.
Sponsor Fund-Raising Events - Every year The Icla da Silva foundation gathers new friends and donors couple high class fund raising events
Contribute funds to cover tissue-typing costs and support patients
To explore the best ways for your organization to make a difference, contact us by e-mail at or call us at Toll Free: 1-888-638-2870, Fax: (718) 391-0990.
Register As A Donor
There are 3 ways you can join the registry:
All you need to do is:
1. Complete a registration form with contact information, health information and a signed agreement to join the Be The Match Registry. To help you complete the form, bring along:
a) Personal identification (such as a driver's license or passport)
b) Contact information for two family members or friends who would know how to reach you in the future if your contact information changes
2. Give either a swab of cheek cells sample to be tissue-typed. We will use the results to match you to patients.
Please also consider making a financial gift to the Icla da Silva Foundation. The total cost to add a new member to the registry is about $100. Your generous contribution in any amount is tax-deductible and helps make it possible for others to join.
That's it! You'll be listed on our registry where patients turn when they need a matching donor.
If you are identified as a potential match for patient...
If you are identified as a potential match for a patient, NMDP donor center representatives will ask for another blood sample to see whether you match well enough to be an actual donor for the patient. If you are indeed a match, you will receive further education about marrow and PBSC donation processes and which is the preferred process for this patient.
To prepare for either donating procedure, you will attend an information session about the donating process and potential side effects of the procedure. You will have a physical exam to determine your health status and find if there are any special risks to you with either donation procedure. The health requirements are the same for marrow and PBSC donation.
You decide whether to donate. After being fully informed about the donor experience, you make the decision -- with the support of your friends and loved ones -- about whether or not to become a donor.
You will be asked to donate either your Marrow or PBSC
The Marrow Donation The PBSC Donation
Host a Marrow Drive
Patients in need of a transplant, and their families and friends, have helped The Icla da Silva Foundation to recruit thousands of donors to the Be the Match Registry.
Each month we conduct over 50 donor drives across the country on behalf of individual patients. We have experience working with all kinds of families with many different resources, contacts and needs. We can help you harness and direct the outpouring of concern and goodwill that your situation inspires.
We can help both individuals and organizations willing to host a drive with:
- Event planning and coordination: Whether you want to conduct a single donor drive or a national campaign, our experienced recruiters can help you develop, organize and carry out a successful event.
- Media support: Your story is your most powerful tool. Sharing your story effectively with a large number of people is one of the best ways to get people involved. We can help you prepare to speak to the media and work with them effectively.
- Fund raising and account management: We can help you conduct a successful fund-raising campaign to support your recruitment efforts, as well as set up accounts to direct, manage and report on the funds you raise.
To get started:
To start planning your event or campaign, please contact us by e-mail at or by calling is toll free at 1-888-638-2870 and one of your Recruitment Specialist will work with you.
Involve Your Organization
The Icla da Silva Foundation is dedicated to making transplant possible for patients from every racial and ethnic community. Our goal is to provide hope and deliver a cure to all patients in need.
Through successful partnerships with organizations, more volunteer donors step forward, more funding becomes available to support critical outreach and more advances are made in the science of transplant.
- Host a donor drive - Host a marrow registration donor drive at your corporation and offer the employees the opportunity to register as a potential donor and possibly save a life.
- Provide financial support - Many creative ways exist for your corporation or organization to provide financial support.
- Sponsor Newsletter - The Icla da Silva Foundation sends 4 newsletters to ove 3,000 members, every year.
- Sponsor our Website - The Icla da Silva Foundation has a well established website which receives approximately 10,000 unique visitors every month.
- Sponsor our Fund-Raising Events - Every year The Icla da Silva foundation gathers new friends and donors couple high class fund raising events.
- Contribute funds to cover the $100 costs of adding each donor to the Registry and to help us assist the patients by providing financial grants for the high costs of out of pocket expenses related to the treatment.
- Support patient education or other special projects that help remove barriers to transplant
There's Nothing Stronger Than the Heart of a Volunteer
The Icla da Silva Foundation appreciates the help and support of its volunteers who dedicate an average of 2,700 hours of volunteering per year. Without their support, it would be difficult for us to accomplish the Foundation’s mission.
Their involvement varies with their interests in many different volunteer opportunities offered at the Foundation. From community outreach, donor recruitment and education, fundraising activities, office support, organization & planning, public relations, social activities, among others...
You too can make a difference! Come join our family of volunteers by contacting us:
THE ICLA DA SILVA FOUNDATION
11-49 47th Avenue, 2nd Floor
Long Island City, NY 11101
T: (212) 593-1807
F: (718) 391-0990
Attend Our Fundraising Events
Click here for our upcoming fundraising events.